Liz Truss is a British politician whose full name is Mary Elizabeth Truss. She is known as the shortest-serving Prime Minister in the UK. Truss was born on July 25, 1975, and has been a member of Parliament for South West Norfolk since 2010 and previously served in various positions such as the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Affairs, Prime Minister of the Uk, Secretary of State for International Trade, Chief Secretary to the Treasury, and Secretary of State for Environment and Food and Rural Affairs.
- 1 Liz Truss Biography
- 2 Early Life
- 3 Family
- 4 Boyfriend & Husband
- 5 Education
- 6 Career
- 7 Previous Roles in Government
- 8 Social Media
- 9 Social Media Handles
- 10 Net Worth
- 11 Nickname
- 12 Favorites
- 13 Physical Appearance
- 14 Interesting Facts About Liz Truss
Liz Truss Biography
Mary Elizabeth Truss
Human Hand Grenade
July 26, 1975
47 (As of now, 2023)
£8.4 million (As of 2023)
Priscilla Marie Truss
Chris, Patrick & Francis
She was born in Oxford, England on July 26, 1975. Her parents were both teachers, and she grew up in a small market town in Yorkshire called Paisley. She completed her education at Oxford and is now a member of Parliament in the UK.
She did her schooling at a comprehensive school in Leeds and graduated in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics from Merton College, Oxford. During her university, she became an active member of the Conservative Party and she participated in the Oxford Union debating society. After her education, she started working as a management consultant for several years.
She has worked in the Shell Oil company in different roles such as commercial manager in Russia and in the UK. Due to her experiences and education in economics and policies, she became an advocate for free markets and free trade.
She was born into a well-established family in which her father “John Kenneth” was a professor of math and her mother “Priscilla Marie Truss” was a nurse. She has 3 siblings, Chris, Patrick, and Francis.
Boyfriend & Husband
In 2000, she married Hugh O’Leary, who is a management consultant. They have two children together including one daughter and one son.
She did her schooling at a comprehensive school in Paisley, Scotland. In 1996, she studied Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE) and completed her graduation at Merton College. After completing her degree, she went on to study at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, where she earned a Master’s degree in public policy.
- Comprehensive School
- Merton College
- Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
She started her career as a management consultant for many years and then she joined Shell Oil company in various roles including as a commercial manager in Russia and in the UK. She has also worked in the UK telecommunication company Cable and Wireless, where she worked as the economic director. In 2005, she left her job and joined Conservative Party.
She has been a member of Parliament in the UK government since 2010. She has served in several Governmental roles including Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Secretary of State for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs, and Secretary of State for International Trade.
In September 2021, she was appointed as Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Affairs, succeeding Dominic Raab. Throughout her political career, she has been a strong advocate for free markets, free trade, and deregulation.
Previous Roles in Government
- Member of Parliament for South West Norfolk-(since 2010)
- Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs-(2014-2016)
- Chief Secretary to the Treasury (2017-2019)
- President of the Board of Trade and Minister for Women and Equalities-(2019-2020)
- Secretary of State for International Trade-2020 to 2021
- Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Affairs-(2021-2022)
- Prime Minister-(2022-2022)
- First Lord of the Treasury-(2022-2022)
- Minister for the Civil Service-(2022-2022)
- Minister for the Union-(2022-2022)
She uses social media to share news articles and updates related to her work in government. She also occasionally posts photos and personal messages.
She joined Twitter in August 2009 and now she has 695.1K followers on Twitter.
She has 120k followers and 89 connections on Linkedin.
She has 120k followers on Facebook.
She has 164k followers on Instagram with a verified badge.
Social Media Handles
As of 2023, her net worth is £8.4 million.
Her nickname is a human hand gren*de.
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Favorite TV Show
Game of Thrones
5 feet and 6 Inches
8 (US size)
Interesting Facts About Liz Truss
- She studied Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE) and completed her graduation at Merton College.
- She has worked as an economist for Shell oil company and served as Deputy Director at the think tank Reform.
- She has held many positions in the UK government, including Secretary of State for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs, and Chief Secretary to the Treasury.
- Truss is currently serving as a member of parliament in the UK government.
- She is the first female Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Affairs in the history of the UK.
- She talked about her love of Japanese culture and has studied the Japanese language.
- She is a big supporter of technology and digital innovation and has launched several initiatives to promote the growth of the UK’s tech sector.
- Sophie Turner and Anushka Sen are also among the list of most influential personalities on the internet.