Katy Perry is an American Pop-Singer, Songwriter and an Actress. Her real name is Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson and she grew up listening to church hymns and gospel music. The American pop-star came to the limelight in 2008 with her hit song “I Kissed a Girl”. The song was among the Billboard 100 top-ten songs.
In 2010, Hudson released the album “Teenage dream” which had five songs. The album featured on the US Billboard Hot 100 songs. With this huge success, Hudson became the first American female to have the achievement. After two years in 2012, Billboard opted her as the Woman of the Year. Megan Thee Stallion and Marc Anthony also have a significant place in American pop music.
Hudson has also voiced Smurfette in the movie The Smurfs and in 2018, she participated in American Idol as a judge. She was the first Twitter celebrity to have 50 million followers in 2014. The American star has conquered the singing World with her songs. She has been nominated for 12 Grammy Awards. The popular American celebrities include Jenna Ortega, Anya Taylor-Joy, Christopher Michael, Johnny Depp and Sophie Turner.
- 1 Katy Perry Biography
- 2 Education
- 3 Physical Appearance
- 4 Career
- 5 Famous Studio Albums
- 6 Filmography
- 7 Social Media
- 8 Social Media Handles
- 9 Net Worth
- 10 Family and Relationship
- 11 Husband and Children
- 12 Hobbies
- 13 Some Interesting Facts
Katy Perry Biography
- Date of Birth: Hudson was born on October 25, 1984.
- Age: Hudson’s age is 39 years as of 2023.
- Height: Hudson’s height is 5’9.
- Weight: Hudson weighs 61 kg.
- Zodiac sign: Hudson is a Scorpio.
- Marital Status: Hudson has got divorced with Russell Brand.
- Hometown: Santa Barbara, California, America.
Hudson spent her childhood singing Church hymns and gospel music. She got her education from Santa Barbara Christian School. In the first year of high school, Hudson switched her singing to pop music and released her first album.
Hudson has an angelic body figure. Her curvy body depicts her as a perfect modelling figure. The oval face and blue eyes of Hudson makes her an alluring singer.
Hudson had been singing church hymns since her childhood. When she joined High School, the singer released her first album with the name of Katy Hudson but the album failed to chart and did not succeed. In 2007, she opted the stage name of Katy Perry so that she might not be confused with the actress Katy Hudson. In the same year, she released her fourth album but again did not receive the required recognition.
2008 was the year of her infinite success and popularity in the Music World. Her album “One of the Boys” featured three Billboard 100 top-ten songs. Till the date, Hudson is making the World stun with her exceptional singing talent and ultimate beauty of art. Saad Lamjarred is an emerging popular singer.
Famous Studio Albums
Hudson released her albums
- Katy Hudson in 2001
- One of the Boys in 2008
- Ur So Gay in 2007
- The Hello Katy Australian Tour EP in 2009
- Teenage Dream in 2010
- Teenage Dream in 2012
- Prism in 2013
- Witness in 2017
- Smile in 2020
- The Smurfs (2011)
- Katy Perry: Part of Me (2012)
- The Smurfs 2 (2013)
- Brand: A Second Coming (2015)
- Katy Perry: The Prismatic World Tour (2015)
- Katy Perry: Making of the Pepsi Super Bowl Halftime Show (2015)
- Jeremy Scott: The People’s Designer (2015)
In 2014, Hudson became the first celebrity to have 50 million followers on Twitter. As of 2023, she has 107.2 million Twitter followers. Same is the situation on Instagram where more than 204 million admirers follow this beauty queen. On the facebook page of Hudson, there are 72 million followers. The Pop star also has 44.3 million Youtube subscribers.
Social Media Handles
- Instagram katyperry
- Twitter @katyperry
- Youtube @katyperry
- Tiktok @katyperry1
The American pop star has earned an estimated net worth of $350 millions as of 2023.
Family and Relationship
Hudson belongs to a conservative Christian family of Santa Barbara. Her parents Maurice Hudson and Mary Hudson were very close to the church. Her elder sister Angela is also a singer. The Younger brother of Hudson is David who is a musician. Rowan Row also belongs to UK.
Husband and Children
Hudson had been in a relationship with Gym Class Heroes who is a popular singer. In 2010, she got married to English comedian Russell Brand but the couple got divorced after two years of their marriage in 2012.
In 2016, Hudson started dating Orlando Bloom. The couple announced their engagement in 2019. In 2020, Hudson and Orlando announced the birth of their first daughter Daisy Dove Bloom.
Some Interesting Facts
- Hudson is the first American female to be featured on Billboard Hot 100 songs.
- The song “I Kissed the Girl” made her popular across the globe.
- This song also caused controversy..
- She has been nominated for 11 Grammy Awards.
- In 2014, she became the first person to have 50 million Twitter followers.
- In 2012, Billboard opted her as the Woman of the year.
- She has 204 million Instagram and 107 million Twitter admirers as of 2023.