Billionaire Elon Musk was born in Pretoria, Transvaal, South Africa on June 28, 1971. He is an entrepreneur, inventor, and investor in several companies. His mother Maye Musk is from Canada, and his father Errol Musk is from South Africa. He is a book reader and loves technology and he has got bitten many times during schooling because of his creative and innovative mind and thoughts.
When he was just 12 years old, he developed a video game which he sold for $500 to a computer magazine. This was the beginning of his journey. According to Elon, he said, I worked for 18 hours a day to achieve what I want. He received hatred various times for his thoughts and ideas which eventually went wrong because he never stopped working. Juliette Lake Lewis and Bella Poarch are also popular personalities.
- 1 Wives & Girlfriends
- 1.1 Education
- 1.2 Career
- 1.3 Companies
- 1.4 Private Jets
- 1.5 Challenges
- 1.6 Social Media
- 1.7 Net worth
- 1.8 Nickname
- 1.9 Favorites
- 1.10 Physical Appearance
- 1.11 Amazing Facts About Elon Musk
- 1.11.1 Who is Elon?
- 1.11.2 How old is Elon?
- 1.11.3 What is Elon’s net worth?
- 1.11.4 What is his full name?
- 1.11.5 When was Elon born?
- 1.11.6 Is Elon dating?
- 1.11.7 Is Elon married?
- 1.11.8 What is the Zodiac sign of Elon?
- 1.11.9 Does Elon smoke?
- 1.11.10 Does Elon drink Alcohol?
- 1.11.11 What Companies Does Elon Own?
Elon Musk Biography
Elon Reeve Musk
June 28, 1971
51 (As of now, 2023)
Pretoria, Transvaal, South Africa
Entrepreneur, Inventor & Investor
Child Artist & influencer
Appeared in Iron Man 2
$184.2 billion (as of 2023)
Tosca Musk and Kimbal Musk
Griffin, Damian, Saxon, Kai, X E A- 12 Musk, Xavier Alexander Musk
He was born in South Africa on June 28, 1971. He was genius and intelligent since his childhood. He loved book reading so much that it took him almost 5 hours a day. He learned computer programming at an early age and made a video game at the age of 12.
He was bullied and bitten by boys during his schooling because of his extraordinary thoughts. He launched his first website Zip2 with the collaboration of his brother which works as an online business directory. He was interested in inventions because of his habit of book reading.
He started thinking again and wanted to start an online bank for which he launched X.com. Confinity was his main competitor and later on, X.com was merged with Confinity in 2000 and renamed PayPal whose purpose is online personal money transfer. In 2002, he bought eBay for 1.5 billion dollars. He was passionate about traveling to Mars and wanted to develop a human colony. He was a daydreamer and wanted to make it happen which often led him to bankruptcy.
He is the oldest of three children including sister Tosca Musk and brother Kimbal Musk. His father Errol Musk was a South African engineer and his mother Maye Musk was a Canadian model and nutritionist. His parents divorced in 1980, then Elon lived with his father but later he left his father by calling him “a terrible human being”. He has dated several actresses and married two times to the same woman.
- Father – Errol Musk
- Mother – Maye Musk
- Brother – Kimbal Musk
- Sister – Tosca Musk
- Ex Wife – Taluhlah Riley
- Children – Griffin – Damian – Saxon – Kai – X E A- 12 Musk – Xavier Alexander Musk
Wives & Girlfriends
- Justine Wilson – Author, they were married twice (2012-2016 and 2017-2020)
- Cameron Diaz – American actress (2013)
- Talulah Riley – Actress (2008-2016)
- Amber Heard – American actress (2016-2017)
- Claire Elise Boucher (Grimes) – Canadian singer and producer (2018-2021)
- Shivon Zilis (2022)
- Natasha Bassett (2023 present)
He studied at Waterkloof House Preparatory School in South Africa. He did his high school education at Pretoria Boys High School. In 1989, Elon attended Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, for undergraduate education but after 2 years he shifted to the University of Pennsylvania and in 1992, graduated in BS Physics and Economics.
After graduation, he moved to California for a Ph.D. program at Stanford University and he left just after 2 days to pursue his own career.
- Waterkloof House Preparatory School
- Bryanston High School
- Pretoria Boys High School
- Queen’s University
- University of Pennsylvania
- Stanford University, California
He started his career when he was 12 years old by creating a video game “Blaster” which he sold for 500 dollars. He has worked in a wood-cutting company during his struggling days. He was a book lover and read almost for 5 hours daily. He launched a Zip2 website with his brother which works as a newspaper and sold it to Compaq for 307 million dollars in 2000.
He wanted to open a bank with his money for which he opened X.com. X.com’s name was replaced by PayPal and later on, he sold it to eBay for 1.5 billion dollars in October 2002. In 2002, he founded SpaceX whose purpose was to reduce transportation prices and hassle-free traveling.
He designed rockets and aircraft himself and did many successful experiments. He also promised to send tourists to Mars for that purpose, his company is working day and night. He invested with four other members in electric motor cars which are known as Tesla Motors. His mission is to promote clean energy and a safe environment.
- Zip2 (co-founder)
- PayPal – Online payment system
- SpaceX – Private space exploration company
- Tesla Inc. – Electric vehicle and clean energy company
- The Boring Company – Infrastructure and tunnel construction company
- Neuralink – Developing brain interfaces
- OpenAI – Artificial intelligence research company
- Zip2 – Online yellow pages and local news provider (sold to Compaq in 1999)
- SolarCity – Solar power system design and installation company (now a subsidiary of Tesla)
- Hyperloop – High-speed transportation concept.
- Dassault Falcon 900B (2004)
- Gulfstream G650ER (2016)
- Gulfstream G550 (2020)
- Gulfstream G700 worth $78 million (2022)
He has faced many challenges throughout his career. He has to overcome many obstacles and challenges in order to achieve his goals.
Some of the major challenges that he has faced include
- Tesla has faced financial difficulties and he almost got a default but he never stopped working.
- Elon Musk’s companies have faced regulatory challenges in several countries, including the United States of America.
- Tesla has faced challenges in ramping up production of its electric vehicles, which has led to delays in delivering vehicles to customers.
- Musk has made many controversial statements, especially on Twitter.
- SpaceX has faced several challenges in its mission to Mars and in making space travel more affordable and accessible. The company has experienced several rocket explosions.
He is currently active on Twitter and Instagram. His Instagram account is unverified and continuing without bothering himself. He is more active on Twitter as compared to other social platforms and recently bought Twitter for $44 billion. He doesn’t have any other social media accounts till now.
He is the new owner of Twitter and he has 128.1 million followers. He always remains in the spotlight due to his controversial tweets but he doesn’t bother to care about any crazy tweets.
He claims that most of his tweets are posted when he is in the washroom. He also said that he tweets whenever he thinks something positive or negative. That is the reason why his tweets become a heated discussion and debate.
He has 2.9 million followers but his account is still unverified. He mostly posts his childhood and funny pictures to create an entertainment environment. He loves sarcasm and memes on him, sometimes he creates his own memes and enjoys them.
Social Media Handles
As of 2023, his net worth is estimated at $184.2 billion which makes him one of the richest persons in the world. He is the owner of more than 3 companies including Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, and The Boring Company, and his source of income is these companies as well as stocks.
His monthly income is more than $200 million.
His yearly income is more than $2400 million.
His nickname is Mr. Tweet.
Robert Downey Jr. (Ironman)
Stars Wars, Spaceballs & Blade Runner
Favorite TV Show
The Big Bang Theory.
The Lord of the Rings & Zero to One
Blue & Red
Barbeque and French Cuisine
Favorite Comic Character
6 feet and 2 Inches
9 (US Size)
Light Ash Blonde
Amazing Facts About Elon Musk
- He is on the list of the 100 most powerful people in the world.
- He is a Ph.D. dropout student.
- He is a Co-founder of Paypal, Tesla, and SpaceX.
- He appeared in Iron man 2 and his SpaceX was used for helping in the creation of the Iron Man 2 film.
- He is getting $1 million in income annually from only Tesla Motors.
- He is the most innovative and intelligent founder of companies.
- He invented a neural link to control the human brain.
- He learned programming in no time and created his own video game, Blaster.
- He moved to America for higher studies.
- He only dates a girl who is below 25 years.
- He is a crazy fan of sports cars and loves speed driving.
- Everyone thought he was crazy during his struggling days.
- He is a chain smoker and drinks alcohol.
- His net worth is 184.2 billion and he is listed among the top richest people.
- He started SpaceX with 100 million dollars.
- He works 18 hours a day.
- His Tesla Model S is famous for being the safest car in the world.
- He started a solar city business and is also the largest shareholder in this company.
- He can buy 9500 Bugatti which cost 140 crores.
- He promoted artificial intelligence but he also talked about dangerous results.